Halloween is on the way, and that means one thing…candy! Candy! Candy! Candy! Not to mention Rice Krispy treats, popcorn balls, marshmallows, caramel apples, and whatever else I can consume to get a sugar high. You know who else likes candy? Psycho killers. Whether it’s used to lure, to poison, or as the weapon itself, horror and sweets go together like, well, blood and chocolate, I suppose.
10. Urban Legend – The killer forces a victim to eat pop rocks with chemicals in place of Coke.
9. My Bloody Valentine – Someone keeps sending the sheriff heart-shaped boxes that should contain chocolates…but instead they have real hearts inside!
8. The Witches – A child is transformed into a mouse by eating a cursed candy bar.
7. Beetlejuice – Beetlejuice attracts a fly with a Zagnut bar, and then eats the fly!
6. Candyman – That’s not chocolate on the bathroom wall!!!!
5. Ice Cream Man – A man thinks he’s eating a marshmallow, but it’s an eyeball.
4. “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester” Supernatural episode – A witch kills a guy by magically placing razor blades in candy.
3. Night of the Demons – A mean old man puts razor blades in candy apples, but then his wife feeds them to him in a pie!
2. Black Christmas 06 – The killer stabs a guard with a candy cane while escaping from the macadamia ranch. If you’ve ever eaten a candy cane by letting it melt in your mouth for a long time, you know this is one of the more plausible slasher kills ever committed to film.
1. Killer Klowns From Outer Space – The klowns wrap their victims in cotton candy cocoons, then drink their blood with straws.